Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 322

Bibila - Venetian lace
My aunt arrived from Greece on Wed. I got to spend yesterday and today with her. Along with the non stop gabbing and cooking I made a few pieces of Venetian lace. My Aunt Nikki taught me how do make this when I was 13 one summer in Greece. It requires patience and I just love love making them. These are the also the ones I used to cover the hole in my sneaker, just in a different color. I don't know what I will make in the end, but my goal is to be able to make  a big round one... it requires more points  and rows.  Aunt was so happy that I not only remember but continue to make these. What I like the most about it is that I only need thread ( I use DMC #80- aunt said a bit thicker would be good too so i might switch to 70 or 60) and a needle. That is it. So I took it with me while sis was at therapy - it was a great conversation piece :D and time went fast.

Venetia

No comments:

Post a Comment