Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 - testing things out

I sketched the rose last night and masked it, set up the table so I can just get up and just paint. And miracle of miracles I woke up at 6:30am LOL. Not as bad as the rest of the week. Was a bit disappointed that there was no sunrise to enjoy this morning, I love watching it.


watercolor
acrylic (day 21)
I had no problem with the background and buds..but a couple of petals annoyed me. I think i made it work. What I would like to see is smoother blending of the shades. And maybe more color.  Also i am finding I don't like this paper as much as the previous pad I was using. Will check tonight and see what the difference is.
Now comparing the 2 paintings I don't know which one i like the most. In the end I enjoyed painting both versions. :D
Venetia

No comments:

Post a Comment