Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - Memory

My hand has been bothering me with this weather. They called for northern winds...and they sure came and its freezing outside. So last night I just curled under a blanket and watched a few episodes of Psych with my sister. End result? I never picked a subject for today's painting, but when I woke up this morning I had a lingering memory stuck in my mind. Maybe because I was wishing for warmth... but my mind went back to a summer night in Greece. I have sketched this scene a thousand times over the years- this is the first time I painted it.
Deceptive sunrise...it's freezing out there!

Summer 1987, Thessaloniki, Greece

Funny that from that whole evening, this is the only scene that has stuck in mind over the years. Be assured that this will be repainted probably in different mediums.
Venetia

No comments:

Post a Comment