Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two

I don't get excited  over cloudy moody rainy days.
They remind me of the fall weather we had in the city I grew up in Greece,
that seemed to last till spring. But that didn't stop me from getting up and  making another painting. I took me a bit longer than yesterday because I was running out of Yellow!  *mental note to buy more yellow paint*
I decided to make another acrylic painting for the J'aime Series. All my J'aime paintings are dedicated to the feelings one experiences when in LOVE. From the colors used and the size of the circular shapes you know if its on the happy side or the dark side of Love. Why Circles?  because they signify completion/fulfillment, no beginning no end and softness. Plus they are my favorite Shape!!!
 

Here is the new painting.This one is called "He gives me butterflies". 
He gives me butterflies

Detail of painting


Venetia

No comments:

Post a Comment